It’s here again – another Friday! I hope everyone’s week has been fabulous!
Let’s get down to business, shall we?
1. The crisp, fall weather this week has had me grinning. I’m not too thrilled that it’s so stinking cold at work (think of your fingers turning to icicles) but the weather outside is perfect. And the leaves are just starting to show signs of changing.
2. Candy corn. Does this one really require anymore explanation? I do love the fact the husband picked up some candy corn earlier this week though. Such a sweet surprise.
3. I’m completely rejoicing over the fact that my white hoodie doesn’t appear to be stained. When I washed clothes at the laundromat on Sunday, I removed my white hoodie from the washer to see it riddled with gray-ish/brown marks. Gross. My normal reaction would have been to completely freak out and consider the hoodie ruined (and I was on the verge when I called Forest for his advice on what to do…) but a gentleman at the laundromat offered some of his advice (which was helpful). I didn’t have time to wash another load right then so I took my wet hoodie home and hung it up to dry. After it was completely dry the next day, I took a lint roller to it and most of the marks came off. There is still somewhat of a discoloration where the bigger spots were but I’ll spray some Shout on those areas before I toss it in the next load of laundry. And I’ll make sure to turn it inside out… just in case.
4. Cardinals baseball! If you missed Forest’s post about October baseball, check it out here. We are currently watching game 1 of the NLCS (National League Championship Series for those who aren’t baseball savvy). Go Cards!
5. House hunting is starting to feel official! We got to see 4 houses today. I didn’t take pictures but as soon as we got home I wrote down as many notes as I could (and to my brother, if you’re reading this, I’ll try to explain the different style of houses to you soon). The good news is that we really liked 2 of the 4 and the other 2 were nice as well. The bad news is that we really liked some of them. I’m saying ‘yay’ and ‘oy vey’ in the same breath.
I hope everyone had a marvelous week. Share your week’s highlights in the comments below!
I’m looking forward to this weekend – ladies Bible study, a chili cook-off and country jamboree, and pumpkin picking.
Until next time — Cindy