Today is the last Friday in April – whoa!
Here are top 5 moments from this week:
1. Dinner at Cheeburger Cheeburger with my parents on Friday was fun. No, that’s not a typo. That’s the name of the restaurant. It’s a cool little hole-in-the-wall place with an interior that reminds me of the 50’s. They have awesome burgers that you can top with anything you want, really good onion rings, and tasty milkshakes.
2. Forest and I got to play some catch this over the weekend. The weather was perfect and we found out that the fence is pretty durable (I threw a couple wild pitches…).
3. We had a really good Easter Sunday. We tried to get to church early but still parked in the parking lot that’s farthest away. The choir joined the worship band and sounded beautiful – I always love it when they sing. I called my parents for a quick how-to on making the perfect hard-boiled eggs. Forest and I cooked a meal for the two of us – a small ham, garden fresh salad, potato salad, and deviled-eggs. We met our friend Rachele at the movie theater to watch Divergent (Forest and I went to 2 theaters the night before and both were sold out! 3 weeks after the movie opened and theaters were still selling out!). I really liked the movie – the book was much better for those who are wondering – but I have fun comparing and contrasting and then telling Forest how the book was different/better than the movie. We ended the evening chatting with Forest’s parents.
4. We bought a lawn mower! I realize that that doesn’t sound overly exciting but it makes owning a home feel more legit somehow. Except for the fact that our wallets are looking a little wimpy now. I guess that should make owning a home feel as equally legit.
5. This last one goes out to my husband who got up in the middle of the night to bump up the heat. He may or may not have been tired of me snuggling so much (I was just trying to stay warm) but regardless of his reason, he knew I was cold and sacrificed some precious shut-eye. Thank you!
5.1 (?) I just wanted to add that I was able to order my bridesmaid’s dress over the weekend and chatted with the bride-to-be earlier, Megan, this week! Love her to pieces!
With a new lawn mower to put together you can guess what our plans will be for this weekend! Think spring and have a wonderful weekend!
Until next time — Cindy
pictures to be added shortly