This has been a short week for work but Friday took forever to get here. We’ve had a busy but wonderful week!
1. We got some house stuff done over the long weekend: we painted the wall in our bedroom that had been patched, moved a dresser and hung a shelf for the tv. Our room looks so much bigger now! We also bought and assembled a bench for our entry. We just need somewhere to put our coats now… Oh! And Forest got a lot of water off of the tarp on the pool. We’re getting closer to opening it!
2. We had our first big gathering at the house! We had a decent group of friends over on Monday for burgers, hotdogs and shish kabobs! We had a corn hole tourney in the backyard and ended the night with s’mores! It was so fun to open our house and fill it with friends and laughter.
3. These flowers started to bloom in the backyard! Memorial weekend we had little buds:
And this morning (Saturday) we had these beauties:
4. We bought our tickets this week for our flight home in July for Megan and Ronnie’s wedding!
5. I bought the new Rascal Flatts cd this week – Rewind – and I’ve been listening to it on repeat ALL week in preparation for their Rewind tour. We’re going to see them June 22nd!
I just got home from a wonderful evening with a group of girls from church. A good mix of close friends + new friends. I love that the Lord has brought us all together to have fun, to encourage one another, and to lift each other up.
Until next time — Cindy
all images original to A View from the Shore