Happy Friday again! We’ve made it through another week and we’re that much closer to the end of June [holy smokes]. Here are my high fives for this week:
1. Monday night = men’s church softball night. And I think they won this week! The weather couldn’t have been more perfect and the sunset splashed the most beautiful colors across the sky!
2. Tuesday was our last night of home groups. We finished Francis Chan’s book Crazy Love and I will continue to recommend it. It is definitely a convicting book but it’s made all of us really look at how we’re living our lives. We rely too much on the comforts of this world to get us through and more times than not, it’s not enough. The secret to living a joy-filled life is listening to and obeying our Creator! I will forever and always do my best to live my life for Christ and to be a light to those around me.
3. Forest talked to some people from our home group about opening our pool (we think we’re missing some tubes for the filter…) and they offered to come over tomorrow morning to help get things going! We’ve been questioning whether we actually want to keep the pool but we can’t take it down before we see how often we use it and how much it costs to maintain. I’ve mentioned before that this summer will be our trial run on if we keep it.
4. I ordered my Origami Owl jewelry from my mother-in-law this week. She had a party last Friday, which I obviously couldn’t attend, but I browsed the catalog and sent her my order. It should be arriving early next week! My mom said she got her necklace today and sent a picture. It is seriously so cute.
5. We had a cookout at Imprint (college/young working adults group at our church) last night. Food + volleyball + friends + a game of horseshoe = an evening of fun. We could have done without the mosquitoes but I’m sure we’ll all be fine.
We spent our evening outside! Well after a TGIFriday’s dinner and a trip to the pool store. We have beautiful lilies popping up by our shed. Forest said he almost mowed over them a couple weeks ago because he thought they were weeds. I’m glad he didn’t because if 1 flower is this pretty, I can’t wait to have until the other 12 or so blooms to blossom!
confession: we haven’t bought a weed-whacker yet (it’s on our list of purchases to be made this weekend) so we scurried around the edges of the yard trimming the grass around the fence and flower beds with garden shears. It was oddly relaxing… And then I corralled all of our big boxes (swing, grill, lawn mower) that will go out with recycling this week, killing spiders as I went (sorry spideys!). We spent the rest of our daylight hours sitting on the swing and trying to kill a bee.
We each enjoyed a bowl of ice cream as we settled in to watch an On-Demand movie, courtesy of Verizon (thanks!). Forest decided Non-Stop with Liam Neeson and we both really liked it.
We have a trip to IKEA planned for tomorrow, after we get the pool up and running. Yay! I hope you all have a heckova weekend.
Until next time — Cindy
all images are original to A View from the Shore