Did August sneak up on you like it did me? Sometimes I feel like we’ve had a crazy, never-stop, always-on-the-go summer and other times I feel like we haven’t done anything at all. Funny how that works.
So here’s my high five’s for this beautiful week (and it’s surprisingly light on the pictures, so unlike me!):
1. FOREST FINISHED HIS FIRST SEMESTER OF GRAD SCHOOL! Technically this was last week but what do I care, I’ll probably be celebrating the next 3 weeks (until the next semester starts). I am beyond proud of that man.
2. We had a good little chat with Forest’s parents + Amanda last night. We actually hadn’t talked to them since we left Indiana 3 weeks ago so we had a bit to catch up on.
3. We had a grand ole’ time in Boston over the weekend. I’ll be sharing next week: pictures of our time + a list of must-see’s if you’re in the area. It truly was an exhausting but fun-filled weekend. Those are the best kind! Forest and I have gone to Boston twice now and we haven’t even seen half of it, I’m sure, but it’s honestly one of our favorite cities.
4. I pulled off wearing a maxi skirt! I bought one from Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago because it was only $12 and I was leery about if it would actually look good on me so I didn’t want to spend good money for a different one. I don’t have a picture of my outfit but picture this: maxi skirt with very small white and black horizontal stripes + white cami + pink blazer. Sounds cute right? Also, I’m sold on wanting to add a couple more to my wardrobe now.
5. I’m looking forward to taking it easy this weekend. It’s supposed to be rainy and humid tomorrow so I’ll curl up on the couch with a good book in the afternoon and I’ll be content. We have plans to meet with our home group from church in the evening for dinner so that should be fun too.
Until next time — Cindy
*all images are original to A View from the Shore