I don’t know where the time has gone but our baby girl is 2 months old!
She’s completely outgrown her newborn clothes and I finally packed them away last week. She has so much personality already. We chat with her all the time since she’s coo-ing more often. She’s kicking her legs more now, especially when she’s excited. We’ve been getting her to smile a lot this past week which has been really fun. She’s been a really good sleeper since we brought her home (I had to wake her up to nurse through the night for so long) and that still holds true at 2 months. Just last night she slept from 9:45pm to 4:00am – 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep for mommy and daddy!
- Kisses from daddy
- bath time – she didn’t at first but now she does, it’s part of our nightly routine
- Ceiling fans
- Looking at herself in the mirror above her on her play mat
- Car rides and being in the stroller
- Staying on her tummy too long (most days)
- Hearing other babies cry – it makes her cry too
- The hours between 7:30 and 10 (although I think we’re getting past this stage since we’ve got an evening routine now)
Things we don’t want to forget:
- Her first outing last month: Arby’s
- Outgrowing her newborn clothes
- Getting into a evening routine last week: Eat around 6:30, bath time around 8, eat again between 8:30 or 9 and then she’s swaddled and put in the bassinet.
- Sleeping long stretches at night (between 5 and 7 hours at a time)
- The few times I resorted to driving around the neighborhood in the evening just to get her to sleep
- Peyton & I enjoying Mom’s fellowship around the pool on Thursdays and meeting new friends
- Her hair is juuuust starting to grow back on the top
- Forest finally admitting that her eyes are blue
- Visitors! Grampa & Gramma S, Uncle Leon, Aunt Shelby & Chansler all over July 4th. Aunt Amanda and Ashley a couple weeks later.
UPDATE: as of her 2 month appointment Aug 11, Peyton weighs 11 lbs 15 oz and measures 22 inches long. She’s a healthy and growing baby!
You can see her 1 month update here.
Until next time — Cindy
*All images are original to A View from the Shore