The time is here again! Our sweet girl is another month older today! I can’t believe how quickly she’s growing – I think every parent says that though, right?
- her hands
- the turtle on the mobile on her swing
- sitting up while we hold her
- bath time
- Al the owl
- the play mat – she really likes to hit the animal faces that are dangling within her reach
- Daddy – always
- hearing other babies cry
- staying on her tummy too long
Things we don’t want to forget:
- Hearing her jibber-jabber more often. She started at the beginning of August and nowadays she’ll talk to anyone or no one, it doesn’t matter to her!
- Putting her hands in her mouth.
- Holding her head up more. She loves to be in a seated position on our lap and looking around. She’s an observer for sure.
- Planting her feet while she’s laying down and lifting her bottom in the air.
- She sometimes does a fake cough that usually ends up in a laugh. It’s adorable.
- She’s been eating faster (instead of 40 minutes she’s down to about 20-25 minutes) and not as often (she’s regularly eating every 3 hours as opposed to every 2-2.5 hours).
- Just this week she started pulling things up to her mouth. Blankets, burp rags and ruffles on her shirt have all found their way into her mouth.
- Getting her crib! It came at the end of August with Grandpa & Grandma J and she’s been sleeping in it as if she always has been.
- Yesterday I laid her down while she was still awake but yawning and rubbing her eyes. I gave her a pacifier and walked out of the room. I peeked through the door about 5 minutes later and she was asleep. So precious!
- She’s been going to bed between 7:30pm and 8:30pm the past 2 weeks, waking up around 4:00am to eat and then sleeping again until 7:00am.
- We got ourselves on a good routine! She’s generally awake and ready to eat by 7:00, she eats every 3 hours with naps between each feeding and then bedtime between 7:30 and 8:30.
- I started exercising in the mornings during this month – I put her in the stroller after her 7:00am nursing and we go on a power walk/jog around the neighborhood. She usually naps the whole time which is ok with me – I’m using that time to pray and I still get to be with her.
- She’s been getting good at holding her head up during tummy time. She almost rolled herself over one day last week because she was getting angry and kicking.
- Today she started sucking on her bottom lip!
- Visitors! Rachele, Grandpa & Grandma J at the end of August.
You can check out previous month’s here.
Until next time — Cindy
*All images are original to A View from the Shore