Here’s our cute 4 month old!
- Daddy’s beat-boxing
- Mommy singing “I’m a little teapot”
- Standing up/putting weight on her legs while we hold her
- Lifting her head up
- Going on walk/jogs with mommy
- For awhile it has been the hour between 8:00 pm & 9:00 pm
Things we don’t want to forget:
- She’s a drooler. There is almost always a line of drool running from her mouth.
- She is reaching out to hit the animals that dangle from the play mat on purpose, it’s not just an accident anymore.
- She is an awesome night-sleeper! She sleeps between 10-12 hours every night. Only occasionally waking up once or twice and when she does, the pacifier and music put her right back to sleep.
- We’re still swaddling her at night. She usually breaks her arms free at some point (which is probably why she wakes up) but I’ve been trying to not swaddle her arms while she naps during the day. The daycare said they won’t/can’t swaddle babies that are older than 4 months so I’m trying to get her used to having her arms free.
- Dimples!!! She has the cutest dimples on her hands, elbows, thighs, and (she’ll probably hate me one day if she reads this) bottom! Baby dimples are the cutest…
- Last month she was all about bringing things up to her mouth. This month is no different except it seems like there is always something in her mouth. Her hands, her bib (she has to wear one at all times), a blanket, my finger, my shirt sleeve.
- Speaking of bibs, she goes through 2-3 every day. Between the drool, the slobber from her chewing on them and spit up, we make our way through the bib stash in just a few days.
- She is constantly moving her legs and feet. She’s kicking out, touching her toes together, pushing off of things, putting weight on her legs.
- When we have her stand up on her feet, she likes to tap her right leg a couple times. Maybe she’ll be a dancer!
- She’s starting to notice her toes. If she’s sitting up (which is pretty much the only way she likes to be) she’ll look at them like she wants them but doesn’t know how to get to them.
- She really likes to do what Forest calls baby crunches. She lifts her legs in the air at the same time as she lifts her head up. She mostly does this on the changing pad but she does it on her play mat, too or even if I lay her on the couch.
- I mentioned above that she didn’t like from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm for awhile. We had about a week’s worth of her screaming and crying between 8:00-9:00 pm every night and she didn’t wan to be cradled or soothed in any way. I called the dr who said she’s probably colicky and to use gas relief and do whatever we can to soothe her (a lengthy way of saying “just deal with it”). After we got the brand of gas relief the dr recommended, she seemed fine for several nights in a row but just before she turned 4 months she started back up with the screaming again. A bath helps but as soon as she’s out of the bath it’s back to screaming. She only wants to be sitting on our lap, facing out, and bouncing a little. After she calms down and stays calm for 15-20 min or so I’ll nurse her and she goes to sleep no problem. I don’t want her to rely on me nursing her to be the only way she’ll go to sleep so I hope it’s just a phase she’s going through…
- We visited the daycare she’s enrolled at one day this month. Most of the babies were asleep while we were there but she was able to hang out with some of them plus a couple of the teachers. They were all so nice.
- Visitors: Aunt Becky, cousin Desiree & Aunt Amanda; Grampa & Gramma S, Uncle Rusty & Aunt Michelle
UPDATE: At her 4 month appointment on October 13th she weighed 14 lbs 9 ounces and measured 24.5 inches long.
check out previous month’s here.
Until next time — Cindy
*All images are original to A View from the Shore