So I missed posting a Thoughts on Thursday yesterday. I’ll go ahead and be honest and let you know that I took a nap while Peyton napped instead of typing a post. Trust me – it was very needed.
So here I sit on a Friday evening. We just laid Peyton down for bed and Forest is in the basement painting and grouting tile so he can install baseboards tomorrow and be D.O.N.E. [except for dusting everything and putting it all back in place which we’ll do tomorrow and he said his basement will be done for Mother’s Day – how sweet. ;)].
So here are a few thoughts from my week:
- These first ones are all pregnancy related-
- The cashier at the grocery store this week asked if I was having a boy because of how I’m carrying.
- A lady at CVS said I looked small and couldn’t possibly be in my 3rd trimester.
- The ladies (who happen to be friends) at the hair salon said I don’t look pregnant from behind.
- I will gladly take the compliments because even though I feel large (all over!) it feels so much better to say “Thank you” instead of listing reasons why you don’t deserve compliments.
- Forest has been doing work in the basement since we had the drains and sump pump installed. Seriously, he’s a beast! I mentioned above that he’s currently painting which is his #1 worst enemy in life (he rolled his eyes at least 12 times before he went downstairs to commence painting) but he’s ready to have it back in order so he can join me on the couch in the evenings again. :)
- I was just thinking this week that I need to 1. Pack a hospital bag for our baby girl (outfits, blankets, bows because I’m imagining her with a head full of dark brown hair) and 2. Make a list of things to put in my hospital bag but I honestly don’t even remember what things I actually needed the first time so I’ll probably end up winging it.
- Peyton and I went to Target today and ran across the Brit + Co® DIY Kits Collection – perfect for the DIY/craft lover in your life. I was majorly crushing on the Learn to Embroider Kit, Clay Jewelry Dish Kit and Metal Stamp a Necklace Kit. And now that I’m searching online for the links I’m totally loving the Embroider a Wall Hanging Kit!
- Looking for advice on getting Peyton to poop on the potty. She’s gotten so used to waiting until we put a diaper on her when she sleeps that she doesn’t even attempt to poo-poo on the potty anymore. I’ve decided to stop putting her in diapers at nap time starting on Monday (because I don’t want to do laundry on Mother’s Day!) but I still feel like she’s young to go all night (from 7:30 pm to 7:00 am) without a diaper. She normally wakes up between 6:30 and 7:30 am and she likes playing in her crib (we put a few books in there when we check on her at night) so I know she’s pooping between when she wakes up and when we go get her. My thought is that if I go wake her up at 6:30 every morning she won’t have a chance to poop in her diaper and then if I don’t put a diaper on her for nap time that she’ll almost be forced into using the potty. I foresee a lot of cleaning up but we’ve gotta start somewhere! I could seriously write a novel about the potty training experience and the thoughts I have but that’s the problem we’re dealing with right now – because I know everyone was wondering.
- And a few links if you’re in for a good read, a good laugh, or a good recipe-
- And Happy Mother’s Day to all the momma’s out there – the ones with babies, the ones who have lost babies, the ones who long for babies of their own, the ones whose babies have grown. You all deserve a very special weekend! You are loved! And don’t take for granted your own mom – go see her even if all you have to give is your time and a hug or pick up the phone and tell her you love her. I know I wish I’d be able to.
Until next time — Cindy