I blinked and Sloane is now 2 months old. I don’t know how it happens! How do they grow so much in just 4 weeks?!
- tummy time – she always falls asleep!
- being held
- bath time
- her hands – they’re flailing everywhere now!
- being ‘ignored’ for too long
- Indie barking exceptionally loud right beside her (I can’t really blame her!)
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Her coo’s! I love her little baby voice and she is always cooing and talking to us when she’s awake.
- She’s giving us smiles! And my heart melts every time she flashes that grin! Oh and we noticed the other night that she has a cute little dimple on her chin when she grins at us. Adorable!
- First 4H fair – we went to the Monmouth County fair at the end of July and she slept 98% of the time.
- Her first cold… Peyton had a runny nose and, despite all of my attempts to keep Peyton away from Sloane, she caught it. She’s mostly been congested in the mornings and does ok through the day. We run the humidifier and I have practically been carrying the saline spray around in my back pocket. I think she’s just about at the end of her cold though, fingers crossed.
- Nap-time cuddles. Sloane usually nurses soon after Peyton goes down for her nap and I can’t help but let Sloane fall asleep in my arms and cuddle with her as long as I can. Sometimes she helps me pay bills or edit pictures or write blog posts. Other times I just soak up ALL of the cuddles because I know she won’t want to cuddle forever.
- Sloane is such an easy-going, go-with-the-flow baby and it has made all of my fears of leaving the house disappear. I take both girls out of the house 3-4 days during the week while Forest is at work (something I was sure wouldn’t happen for several more months) and we usually end up doing things out-and-about on the weekends too (which was rare when it was just Peyton at this age).
- She’s sleeping 5-6 hours at night – which is usually just 1 wake-up in the middle of the night! And she’s up in the morning between 6:30 and 7:30 and nurses every 3-3.5 hours during the day.
- Sloane (so far) doesn’t really have the typical witching hour. Forest and I say all the time how difficult Peyton was in the evenings – it honestly felt like torture with Peyton at night. Sloane sometimes fusses around 8:00 pm but it doesn’t seem to be much more than letting us know she’s tired. Did I say she was an easy-going baby? Because she is!
- She’s wearing 3-6 months clothes already. A few weeks ago I pulled out the 3-6 month PJ’s because her poor toes ran out of room in the smaller size. And just last week I decided to pack away all 0-3 month clothes in favor of the 3-6 month sizes. I admit that they are all a bit roomy for her still but at least they aren’t pinching her chunky thighs anymore.
- Sloane’s 2 month appointment was 8/10 and she weighed 13 lbs 8 oz (in the 90th percentile!) and measured 22 inches long (75th percentile). Her cheeks and thighs are so chunky and her rubber band wrists and knuckle dimples are to die for!!
We love you so much, Sloane, and we’re so excited to see you grow!
Until next time – Cindy
*All images are original to A View from the Shore