Four months — sixteen weeks — one hundred and twelve days. That’s how long we’ve been smoochin’ your cheeks! And I’m so thankful that you are ours to smooch!
- Her hands!
- Sitting (with support) so you can see everything
- Naps in the swing
- When Peyton sings to her
- Funny noises
- Indie kisses on her toes
- Tummy time
- Having her hair washed/rinsed
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- I’m still eating dairy free and the inconsolable crying/screaming has only happened once, just this week.
- Sloane slept in her own room! In the bassinet for a few weeks until Grandpa Johnson and Great-Grandpa delivered and assembled her crib!
- Sleep has been mostly terrible still. She slept great in the crib the first few nights but she still wakes up a lot during the night. If I sit in her room, she’ll sleep for hours and within 10 minutes of me leaving the room she’s awake again. It’s happened too many times to count…
- And naps are 30-45 minutes unless I hold her or carry her in the wrap. Which I’m trying so hard not to do… She’s good about putting herself to sleep when she’s tired and she falls asleep in the swing but never, never, never sleeps for long stretches of time.
- We’re having Sloane wear bibs because there is so.much.drool! I’m 95% sure she’s teething. Excess drool + everything to the mouth = teething in my book.
- She’s finally doing better with tummy time! Since she holds her head up while we hold her she’s holding her head up while on her tummy for 5 minutes or so. But once she’s done and her head hits the floor, she’s done. Ha!
- Playtime with Peyton has changed now that Sloane is more interested. She’s still not reaching for toys but if she hits one while her arms are flying she’ll grab it. But Sloane LOVES to watch Peyton. She gives Peyton all the smiles and Peyton loves to sing to Sloane.
- If Sloane is crying or fussy Peyton has started comforting her by saying “It’s ok Sloane-y. Right here Sloane-y.”
- Which reminds me that Peyton calls Sloane, Sloane-y. And that’s the only person who I’ll allow to call her Sloane-y. :)
- Sloane has the best laugh! And getting her to belly laugh is the cutest! Forest can really get her going!
- Her eyes are still blue but they are lighter than when she was born.
- And she’s starting to grow back some hair. She lost all of it except a small patch on the back of her head and some is starting to grow back all over.
- She found her loud yelling voice and likes to use it when she wants someone to pay attention to her.
- She likes facing forward in the carrier. Forest has even worn her facing out! (I love it when he wears the babies!)
- And she likes being in the exer-saucer/jumper. Her core isn’t quite strong enough for her to sit on her own so we stick a blanket behind her for support. I don’t think we’ll need it much longer!
- Sloane is a rock star in the nursery at church. She goes on Sunday mornings and Tuesday mornings while I’m at Bible study.
- Sloane had her first bonfire on her 4 month birthday!
- I packed away the 3-6 month clothes and she is officially only wearing 6-9 month clothes! Well except for a few special 6 month clothes that I want to squeeze her into one more time.
- I weighed Sloane at home 2 weeks ago and she was 16 pounds. Her 4 month appointment is tomorrow so we’ll see how much she weighs and how tall she is.
You are absolutely precious, Sloane! We love you so much!