We blinked and you’re five months old, sugar bear! You’re a great baby and we love everything about you!
- Her hands!
- Sitting (with support) so she can see everything
- Naps in the swing + looooong naps in your crib
- When Peyton sings to her
- Funny noises
- Tummy time
- Having her hair washed/rinsed
- New people talking to her
- Rolled over belly to back
- Apple picking
- Trip to the pumpkin patch
- Vacation to Rachele’s in VA
- Halloween (She was Pooh & Peyton was Piglet)
- Taste of baby cereal
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- I’m still eating dairy free and the inconsolable crying/screaming has only happened a few times and it was during our trip to visit Rachele (I think she was done being in the car).
- Sleep has been mostly terrible still. She slept great in the crib the first few nights but she still wakes up a lot during the night. Forest (what a great man he is) makes a pallet with couch cushions on the floor in her room because I will inevitably end up in her room around 2:00 am.
- She’s napping 30-45 minutes at a time in the swing every 2 hours. And recently started falling asleep on her own, in her crib for a 1-3 hour afternoon nap. It’s been heavenly!
- Sloane rolled over (belly to back) for the first (and second) time the day before Halloween. She’s only rolled over a handful of times since then but we’re getting somewhere.
- Playtime with Peyton is still hit or miss. Peyton is still learning to be gentle and to share her toys but it’s progress and I can see them being good friends as they can play more together.
- Sloane is extra giggly when she’s starting to get sleepy. The smallest noise or sound will send her into a fit of giggles.
- Sloane is all about blowing raspberries still! And screeching. And attempting both at the same time.
- And she still likes being in the exer-saucer/jumper. She’s still figuring out her arms but she likes to throw them all over the place and hit the piano or other things attached.
- We got to celebrate Sloane’s first Halloween! You can read about all the fall things we did in this post. We had a 3-6 month Winne the Pooh onesie that we squeeeeeeezed Sloane into and I made a Piglet costume for Peyton.
- Which reminds me that Sloane had her first trips to apple picking and pumpkin picking. Which you can also read about in this post.
- We traveled to Rachele’s house in VA for a long weekend getaway. She enjoyed a visit to Bold Rock Brewery, a long walk to the park and watching us skip rocks, And Sloane slept all.night.long the three nights we were there. There must be something
- And our little girl tried baby cereal for the first time on her 5 month birthday! More of it was on her chin than in her belly by the time we were done but we’ll keep trying!
You are absolutely precious, Sloane! We love you so much!