How are you already S I X months old, baby?! You are the sweetest little thing around
- Her toes!
- Grampa – she’s a Grampa’s girl
- Naps in her crib
- ‘Chasing’ Peyton
- Chatting away and blowing raspberries
- Baby cereal
- Tummy time
- People leaning in close while she’s in the car seat/stroller
- Rolled back to belly
- Finding her toes
- Sitting on her own!
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Sleep has improved so much!! She puts herself to sleep for all of her naps and she’s only been waking once at night to nurse. Hallelujah!
- She’s napping 30-60 minutes at a time every 2-2.5 hours.
- Sloane found her toes one morning laying on the changing table and the very next morning they made it to her mouth. She loves to chew on her toes!
- Sloane rolled over back to belly for the first time Nov. 17. And she only does it when she reaaaaaally needs to get a toy or see what’s going on behind her. She knows how but prefers not to.
- Sloane is officially sitting up on her own. She is a little roley-poley sometimes but the majority of the time she’s solid as a rock.
- Playtime with Peyton is getting better. Peyton is still learning gentle but Sloane is reaching for specific toys and Peyton is getting better about sharing. She especially likes when I’m holding her facing out and I chase after Peyton. When I make Sloane touch Peyton’s back they both giggle and it’s the cutest.
- Sloane is extra giggly when she’s starting to get sleepy. The smallest noise or sound will send her into a fit of giggles.
- Sloane is all about blowing raspberries still! And screeching. And attempting both at the same time. I’m trying to brainwash her into saying ‘mama’ before ‘dada’ and I occasionally get Peyton to chant ‘mama’ with me during the day so *fingers crossed* it’ll be her first word!
- And she still likes being in the exer-saucer/jumper. She’s getting good about turning herself around to play with all the toys. And she just started jumping! She can really get that thing going, too!
- Sloane got to enjoy her first Thanksgiving this month. Grampa, Uncle Leon, Aunt Shelby and Chansler were all here with us. She didn’t get any of the food – next year!
- We set up and decorated the Christmas tree for the first time as a family of four. I need to make an ornament with her to hang on the tree!
- And our little girl tried carrots just a few days before she turned 6 months. She wasn’t a huge fan – I think it was a combination of a different taste and consistency than her cereal. She loves her cereal!
- Sloane is drooling and fussy so I hope she has a tooth or two pop thru soon.
- Updated to add: She had her 6 month check up today (12/14/17) and weighs 18 lbs (75th percentile) and is 27 inches long (90th percentile!!!)
You are absolutely precious, Sloane! We love you so much!