Nine months old and learning more everyday! She’s getting hard to keep up with!
PICTURES TO COME….
Eight months old is such a fun age with this little girl!
How are you already S I X months old, baby?! You are the sweetest little thing around
I blinked and Sloane is now 2 months old. I don’t know how it happens! How do they grow so much in just 4 weeks?!
I didn’t do a post for Peyton at 13 months because there wasn’t a whole lot of difference from her 12 month update but now that she’s 14 months?! Holy smokes! I feel like there’s so much to talk about!
Also, how funny are the pictures for this month? She was out of control and did not want to cooperate! I know what to look forward to now! Ha!
- Hi/Bye bye
- Nanana (for No….)
- Hi Indie (sounds like ‘Hiiiiidi’)
- Water (sounds like ‘Wa-er’)
- Flower (sounds like ‘Ower’)
- Cheese (this is a new one)
- Tree (sounds like ‘teeeee’, this is a new one)
- Please (sounds like ‘eeeeese’, this is a new one and probably only because it sounds like cheese and tree. :) )
- Peyton is an expert at kissing, she even does the ‘mwaaaah’ sound effect.
- She can blow kisses too!
- When you say “I love you!” she’ll blow you a kiss. Complete with the ‘mwah’ sound! [heart melting!]
- And she likes playing peek-a-boo! She used to use both hands but recently she’s only been using one and only covering one eye.
- If you ask her “What sound does a cow make?” she’ll reply with “mmmmm”. And she mimics the sounds of other animals (sheep, horse [her neeeeigh is more of a heyhehehe], duck, and sometime dogs although she prefers to pant as the dog sound.)
- She practically eats whatever we eat at dinner. We only resort to baby food if we’re eating something she won’t be able to easily mush/chew AND we don’t have any leftovers or fruits and veggies for her.
- She takes just 1 nap a day. Although she functions best when she gets a car-nap after daycare/late in the day before dinner.
- She does NOT like taco meat. I don’t know if it’s the texture of the crumbled meat or the taste of the seasoning but she won’t eat it. She loves meatballs though!
- A few of her favorite foods include: watermelon, banana, yogurt, corn, green beans, pasta, string cheese, and bites of our smoothies.
- She gets super ornery when it’s close to nap or bedtime. She purposefully does things she knows are a no-no (standing on her chair, splashing in Indie’s water bowl, chewing on the alphabet magnets on the fridge, pulling on the oven door, etc.)
- She likes to bounce on the bed. Or on Forest’s arm while he’s laying on the bed.
- She mimics people coughing or laughing. She has the funniest fake laugh.
- And she squeals when she’s super excited or if she thinks Indie is chasing her.
- She took her first steps at the end of July! And she’s regularly taking a few steps by herself. Mostly just to get from one object to another (my knees as I sit on the couch to the coffee table, for example). But she walks along furniture really well and she’s more comfortable pushing things as she walks instead of just holding onto our fingers.
- Forest said she stood up from a sitting position, without pulling up on anything. Once. And my back was turned so I missed it!
- She knows were her nose is if you ask her. She sometimes just points at it but most times she’ll stick her finger up her nose. Ha!
There is probably so much more that I’m missing. She’s learning new things every day and it’s the most precious thing to witness!
Until next time — Cindy
Ten months. T E N months. Peyton, you’re such a goof with the cutest full-face smile that I’ve ever seen and we love you to pieces!